Wish to learn more about me? Here goes...
• I studied BA Music and Arts Management at Middlesex University - Trent Park campus, London.
• I have achieved ABRSM Grade 7 in Piano. I sadly no longer practice. But I still have a fondness for music.
• I have experience in deaf related issues as I have bilateral severe to profound deafness. This was diagnosed when I was three. I didn't learn to speak till I was five!
• I have a British Sign Language Level Two qualification. You will see me sometimes struggling to express myself in BSL as I have limited access to the Deaf community in Leeds.
• I think it's important that those under-represented in society have positive role models. I wished I had at least one Black disabled role model when I grew up.
• I have had two short plays produced by Deafinitely Theatre in London at RADA Studios and Park Theatre. They were TwentyFortySeven and The Door.
• I have developed a full length play, also called TwentyFortySeven, with Deafinitely Theatre and I have plans to work on this further.
• I have attended the Playwrights One course at the West Yorkshire Playhouse. I am currently on another writing course there.
• I have attended Peepal Tree Press’s Inscribe sessions monthly since 2016. We plan to publish our work soon inspired from these sessions.
• I am currently working on my novella That Weird Deaf Black Girl Over There.
• I am training to be a copywriter and social media marketer in my spare time.
How do I find time to do all this whilst being a single mother? I myself would like to know!
Contact me to see how I can help you with your project(s).